From: Tim Yamin <plasmaroo@g.o>
To: gentoo-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-announce] Release Announcement: Gentoo Linux 2005.0
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:24:07
1 Gentoo Linux is proud to bring you the long awaited Gentoo Linux 2005.0
2 release!
3
4 This release has had a few setbacks including a complete security
5 rebuild, but with the help of the many teams within the Gentoo developer
6 community, we believe that this release will be one of the best that we
7 have ever had.
8
9 This release includes new installation media from Alpha, AMD64, PPC,
10 PPC64, SPARC, and x86 and includes stages for IA64 and SPARC32. Please
11 check out our mirrors [1] to find the closest one to you.
12
13 As with 2004.3, you will be able to download optimized PackageCD images
14 for x86 and PPC via our bittorrent [2] server, and also our "unofficial"
15 secondary bittorrent [3] server, provided by Friends of Gentoo e.V. in
16 Germany.
17
18 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors.xml
19 [2] http://torrents.gentoo.org/