From: Woodrow Stool <woodrow_stool@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-announce] Install - emerge restart functionality?
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:31:30
1 As the other gentoo lists seem to be kaput at this time I am posting an
2 install question here. Hope that is OK.
3
4 I am attempting to do a complete gentoo linux install using a 56K dial-up
5 network connection, and of course this is taking hours and hours and hours.
6 It is not impossible to imagine the dial-up connection dropping for whatever
7 reason, and this has in fact happened twice so far.
8
9 QUESTION: is there a way to restart the emerge operation from where it left
10 off, rather than going back to the last emerge operation and simply starting
11 all over again?
12
13 Thanks to all for making gentoo Linux possible - this is truly an idea whose
14 time has come.
15
17 Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.
18 http://www.hotmail.com