From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-announce] Gentoo Github Organization hacked.
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 21:14:23
1 Today 28 June at approximately 20:20 UTC unknown individuals have gained
2 control of the Github Gentoo organization, and modified the content of
3 repositories as well as pages there. We are still working to determine the
4 exact extent and to regain control of the organization and its
5 repositories.
6
7 All Gentoo code hosted on github should for the moment be considered
8 compromised. This does NOT affect any code hosted on the Gentoo
9 infrastructure. Since the master Gentoo ebuild repository is hosted on our
10 own infrastructure and since Github is only a mirror for it, you are fine
11 as long as you are using rsync or webrsync from gentoo.org.
12
13 Also, the gentoo-mirror repositories including metadata are hosted under a
14 separate Github organization and likely not affected as well.
15
16 All Gentoo commits are signed, and you should verify the integrity of the
17 signatures when using git.
18
19 More updates will follow.
20