From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-announce] Gentoo Linux 1.4_rc1
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:24:33
1 Hello to Everyone in Gentooland,
2
3 Yes, you've seen the osnews reports and the slashdot site mentions, and
4 probably know someone who knows someone who's running Gentoo Linux
5 1.4_rc1. The most common question of the day is: how do I upgrade Gentoo
6 1.2 to 1.4?
7
8 The clearer question is actually, how to upgrade from a non-gcc-3.2 system
9 (note, still a gcc system :P), to a gcc-3.2 system. Well, the problem is
10 the ABI compatibility that gcc-3.2 has with all the lesser versions.
11
12 To this end, we now have some clear documentation (thanks to the excellent
13 work of ZheN and our new documentation team) found here:
14 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/upgrade-to-gentoo-1.4.html
15
16 Please note that these guide you through the upgrade process, which is
17 made very very simple and convenient (thanks to carpaski's excellent work)
18 upgrade scripts. The documentation will explain all.
19
20 Happy upgrading :)
21
22 Thanks,
25 Seemant Kulleen
26 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
27 Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org/~seemant
28
29 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x225EF866
30 Key fingerprint = 592A 35F7 09CA FAB4 17B3 6E97 72E6 23CC 225E F866