From: Sascha Schwabbauer <cybersystem@g.o>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o
Subject: Announce: KDE 3.1
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:34:22
1 Hello everybody,
2 Dan Armak tried to post his KDE 3.1 announcement to gentoo-announce mailing list. I forwarded it to the list, but for some reason the gpg signature is bad now. Please do not worry, as this current e-mail is signed with my gpg key. Dan Armak's original announcement follows.
3
4 regards
5 --
6 Sascha Schwabbauer
7 Developer / Mailadmin
8 Gentoo Linux
9 http://www.gentoo.org/~cybersystem
10
11 PGP Key:
12 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x84EA0C8F
13 Key fingerprint = 4BDD CC71 DBDB 58A5 78D0 3382 1EF6 2E96 84EA 0C8F
14
15 -------------
16
17 Hello everyone,
18
19 After a long, long wait, KDE 3.1 has finally been released. Ebuilds are
20 available in portage. emerge rsync and emerge kde to get it.
21
22 In Gentoo, KDE 3.1 lives side-by-side with KDE 3.0.x (and with KDE cvs from my cvs ebuilds). It will not replace your 3.0.x installation; you will be able to choose which one to start from the kdm/gdm/xdm session list. So remember to unmerge the old KDE 3.0.x if you want to reclaim diskspace after you make your transition.
23
24 The ebuilds have x86 and ppc stable keywords.
25
26 The KDE.org announcement is here http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-3.1.html, and a nice new-features guide is here http://promo.kde.org/3.1/feature_guide.php. A more complete list of new features is here http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelogs/changelog3_0_5to3_1.html .
27
28 Enjoy KDE 3.1, and thanks to all the great KDE developers who've worked hard on this release!
29
30 - --
31 Dan Armak
32 Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)