From: Yuri Vasilevski <yvasilev@g.o>
To: gentoo-arm@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-arm] IXP400 ethernet drivers
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 13:50:14
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:22:13 -0400
4 "Anish Patel" <anish.mailing.list@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > Hello,
7 > I am attempting to compile the IXP400 ethernet module for an
8 > ixp425. When i issue the make modules i get this error dump
9
10 ....
11 > make[2]: *** [drivers/net/ixp400_eth.o] Error 1
12 > make[1]: *** [drivers/net] Error 2
13 > make: *** [drivers] Error 2
14 >
15 > the toolchain is set to target big endian and the kernel that was
16 > compiled against this tool chain it fine and boots
17 >
18 > the dir layout is per intels guide
19 >
20 > workdir --|
21 > |
22 > |
23
24 I assume you are using the drivers that come from intel's web site
25 directly, if that's the case you need to patch them to compile and work
26 on "mortal" systems (they are designed to be used with Montavista's).
27 You can find the patches in portage and in oe repositories o you can
28 (and possibly should) try using the ebuild.
29
30 Best wishes,
31 Yuri.
32 --