From: Jason Cox <steel300@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-bsd@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-bsd] gentoo-freebsd installation
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 23:17:29
1 /root/gentoo works. I had to use that for my installation (which still
2 hasn't succeeded due to a perpetually failing kernel compile).
3
4 Stelth
5
6 -----Original Message-----
7 From: Sergio [mailto:tripledes@××××××.org]
8 Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:10 PM
9 To: gentoo-bsd@l.g.o
10 Subject: RE: [gentoo-bsd] gentoo-freebsd installation
11
12 I don't remember right now but I'm sure there's place to create a directory
13 (check with mount), have u tried under /root ? IIRC there is a document
14 around somewhere uses /root/gentoo.
15
16 Cheers,
17 Sergio.
18
19 -----Original Message-----
20 From: "M e" <shellnum@×××××.com>
21 To: gentoo-bsd@l.g.o
22 Sent: 12/14/06 4:32 PM
23 Subject: [gentoo-bsd] gentoo-freebsd installation
24
25 helo guys
26 I am very new to gentoo and freebsd but I find the OS
27 very interesting to give a try. My question is how can
28 I solve the read-only file system issue.
29 I use a FreeSBIE-2.0-BETA LiveCD but I am encountering
30 some problem from the begining it says that mkdir
31 /mnt/gentoo. I have to tried many methods but I keep
32 on getting Read-Only file System error.
33 Please how can I solve it. Even though I tried to
34 unmount and remount it, it didnt work. I have used
35 also the /mnt directory I got the same error.
36 Any help?
37 THanks
38 Matt
44 Yahoo! Music Unlimited