From: Patrice Clement <patrice@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-bsd@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-bsd] [SoC 2009] Gentoo/NetBSD important stuff (!)
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 12:52:41
Hello everybody,

I've been quiet since 1 month, sorry for the delay but it's maily because of
my studies.

Thanks to Alexis Ballier, I've been able to upload my files somewhere on the
web; actually it's hosted on a Gentoo webserver, waiting for somewhere else..

Here is the URL [1]. You'll find:
- A stage3 Gentoo/NetBSD tarball. To install it, you'll have to download NetBSD
  [2] and perform a minimal installation. If you have troubles during
installation, I advise you to read Chapter 3 of NetBSD handbook, "Example
installation", which describes how to do, step by step [3].

- A QEMU image, archived using lzma. This is the quickest way to test my work,
  without performing an installation. To proceed, QEMU has to be installed on
your machine. I let you read documentation on how to proceed to let your VM
surf the web (hint: you must use tun/tap(4) driver), in order to download
ebuilds from it.

Please, feel free to ask questions or to make suggestions, I'll be glad to
answer. I'm currently applying to become a Gentoo developer, to continue
working on that project, I don't want it to die !