From: Ryan Lynch <rlynch@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Problem with NMAP
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:34:42
1 Yea, this has to do with a big change in portage. IMHO, the need to put out an announcement when they make such a big change. When you make a change like this, you know there are going to be a bunch of ebuilds that have incorrect/incomplete manifests that have gone unnoticed, and are going to be giving everybody problems. But instead of making an official announcement about the change, they keep the information almost hidden from most people, and have caused myself and others considerable frustration. I'm just annoyed thats all, because I'm using catalyst and other meathods to build some install media, and I ran into a bunch of these bad manifest errors before I was told about the change in portage. Just my two cents.
2
3 On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 03:08:35 -0400