From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Cannot get catalyst to work
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:38:22
1 On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 18:06 +0200, Steffen Hoenig wrote:
2 > Am Dienstag, den 05.07.2005, 15:01 +0200 schrieb Guy Martin:
3 > > This is a common issue.
4 > >
5 > > You should provide your .spec file but I'm quite sure your profile variable is wrong.
6 > > It should be something like this :
7 > >
8 > > profile: default-linux/x86/2005.0
9 > >
10 > > The documentation is there :
11 > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/catalyst/2.x/reference.xml
14 > Visiting the reference (link above) once more, I know why I trapped into
15 > the wrong syntax. The HOWTO it-self uses different values for the
16 > "profile" . Maybe someone should give the writer of that document the
17 > advice, that both syntax doesn't seem to be equal.
18 >
19 > [quote]
20 > profile What system profile Catalyst uses to build the media. It can
21 > take values such as default-x86-2004.0 [that DOESN'T work for me] or
22 > default-linux/x86/2004.0.[that does!]
23 > [/quote]
24
25 Actually, both are correct. However, you can't point to a non-existent
26 profile. The default-x86-2004.0 profile was removed some time ago.
27
28 Also, that document has not been updated in a long, long time. I
29 suggest using the template spec files that are installed when you
30 install catalyst via USE="doc" rather than the online version. Also,
31 the online version you are using is for catalyst 2, not catalyst 1.
32 Right now, they're the same, but in the future, they will change.
33
34 The correct link for catalyst 1, which is what you are using, is:
35 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/catalyst/1.x/reference.xml
38 Chris Gianelloni
40 Games - Developer
41 Gentoo Linux