From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] xlivecd does not login automatically
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:41:43
1 On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 16:12 +0200, Andreas Rueckert wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > On Wednesday 19 July 2006 15:19, Alex wrote:
5 > > hi,
6 > >
7 > > my LiveCD does not login automatically. I can only login by booting it
8 > > with "nox", change user's password, start mkxf86config and gdm and
9 > > login. This is a working workaround, but not nice.
10
11 I'm just curious, but what makes you think the CD *would* login
12 automatically? ;]
13
14 Here's the general philosophy with catalyst. For the "generic-livecd"
15 target, we tend to *not* do most of the automatic stuff that we do for
16 the releases. The reason is simple. We don't think that we should
17 force anyone to have their CD act a certain way. We expect users to
18 perform *any* necessary customizations to make their CD work the way
19 that they want it to work. If you want auto-login on the CD, then you
20 need to setup the configuration file for your display manager yourself
21 and ship it in via an overlay (or have the file edited by your fsscript)
22 to get the desired results.
25 Chris Gianelloni
26 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
27 x86 Architecture Team