From: Zachary Bedell <zac@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Missing /usr/src in installcd-stage3-minimal
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 18:02:15
1 Greetings all,
2
3 I'm just beginning to play with Catalyst to create custom installcd images. I've started with the Gentoo releng spec files from svn://anonsvn.gentoo.org/releng/trunk/releases/weekly/specs/amd64. I managed to get through stage1-3 and installcd-stage1 without any trouble.
4
5 Running installcd-stage2-minimal dies when trying to run Genkernel with "ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/src/linux': No such file or directory". I hacked the kmerge.sh script to drop to a shell right after that happened and found that there was no /usr/src directory in the chroot. Doing a `mkdir -p /usr/src` right before the ln call, and everything seems to work out after that.
6
7 I'm assuming something probably went wrong in an earlier stage, but I don't know enough about Catalyst yet to know quite where to look.
8
9 I can post spec files if they'd help, but I'm using stock from SVN with just some version number's changed around. Does anyone have a guess where I might look, or is there any chance this might be a bug in the kmerge.sh script? I'm using catalyst-2.0.6.916 at this point, but I may just give the -9999 build a try to see if that fixed the issue.
10
11 Any pointers would be appreciated.
12
13 Best regards,