From: Christophe PEREZ <christophe.perez@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Re: Re: livecd-stage1 pkgconfig
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:27:15
1 Le Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:01:31 -0400, Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
2
3 >> Use of xinitrc could be better, isn't it ?
4 >> And xinitrc could permit to adapt better the X start for something more
5 >> complicated than just a "su - user -c startx".
6 >> If I want to use it, what service will be started by ?
7 >
8 > Umm... You're supposed to use both.
9
10 Yes, but I didn't explained very well.
11 I mean there are 2 way :
12 - catalyst xinitrc (never used it)
13 - root/.bashrc
14
15 no ?
16
17 > livecd/xinitrc:
18
19 Yes, but I don't know what service excute xinitrc. xdm ?
20 In fact, I want one user created, X started by this user at boot without
21 session manager (xdm, kdm, gdm).
22
23 >> I added alsa in my kernel, alsa-utils in packages, and alsa-sound at boot..
24 >
25 > You probably want alsasound to start after coldplug.
26
27 So I have to manually (ffscript) modify alsa-sound OR coldplug, is is true ?
28 And if the one I choose change in the furture, my "sed" won't work anymore ?
29 :-(
32 Christophe PEREZ
33 --
34 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list