From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Generic stage1 and glibc
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:33:34
1 On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 11:14 -0400, John Eckhart wrote:
2 > Thanks guys, that worked and I have successfully built a few stage2
3 > images for multiple platforms. I am moving on to building stage 3 and
4 > hit a snag when building busybox-1.4.1. Again, I can see a few ways
5 > around the problem, but since I guess you may have hit this while
6 > building 2007.0 I figured I would ask what you did to solve it (update
7 > the ebuild, fix the seed stage, etc)?
8
9 We aren't using that version of busybox, but rather an earlier one
10 without that restriction. Currently, we have no real fix. You could
11 hack up your stage2's /etc/conf.d/clock and set the TIMEZONE="UTC" prior
12 to starting stage3. That should cause tzdata to create /etc/localtime
13 properly, I think. Either that, or set the file yourself.
14
15 By the way, it usually helps to just read what the ebuild says and do
16 it. That's all we do when release building.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
21 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
22 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
23 Gentoo Foundation