From: Paul Smith <psmith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Keeping a test environment using catalyst
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 18:33:57
1 Hi again;
2
3 Thanks for the help the other day; I solved those problems.
4
5 Right now I'm working on getting some other packages installed into the
6 livecd. The problem I'm having is that there doesn't seem to be any
7 fully usable "test environment" that reflects the livecd I can use for
8 development. What I'm looking for is something that has the contents of
9 the livecd, but that also has the Portage database and tools installed
10 so that I can work with emerge, ebuild, etc. and get new packages
11 installed and working the way I want them to.
12
13 I can see the livecd-stage1, for example, leaves behind an image that I
14 could chroot to, but it's missing all the portage info so I can't really
15 do much in terms of testing there.
18 How do you all develop and test live CDs? Is there some trick to
19 getting a test image available? Or, do you do development via another
20 method and only start using catalyst when everything pretty much works?
24 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××.com> HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools
25 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
27 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
28 --
29 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list