From: Georg Lippold <georg.lippold@×××.de>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] net-dialup/ppp-2.4.2-r15 build error
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:47:02
1 Hi Ted,
2
3 just look here:
4
5 http://www.tzi.de/~lippold/openca/HOWTO-OpenCA-Gentoo-BootCD.html
6
7 It's a description of how I did it. I was also annoyed that one couldn't
8 fix errors in stage1 manually and then continue emerging ;)
9
10 The second part with UnionFS is still not working, actually I am working
11 on it.
12
13 Greetings,
14
15 Georg
16
17 Ted Kosan wrote:
18 > Paul wrote:
21 >>Is there actually a .config file in /usr/src/linux? Or did you update
22 >>your kernel sources and not recreate the symlink /usr/src/linux to the
23 >>new source directory?
26 > My understanding is that a kernel .config file is not included in the kernel
27 > package when it is first emerged and that it is created after one runs
28 > menuconfig for the first time.
29 >
30 > When I checked the /usr/src/linux environment that catalyst created to build my
31 > LiveCD stage 1 environment (
32 > /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/default/livecd-stage1-i686-2005.jdos/usr/src/linux ), a
33 > .config file was indeed not present. The 'linux' symlink is correctly set
34 > though.
35 >
36 > Am I suppose to be manually placing a .config file into my LiveCD stage 1
37 > environment? If so, does anyone have suggestions on how this might be done
38 > since the environment appears to be deleted before a new one is created?
39 >
40 > Thanks :-)
41 >
42 > Ted