From: Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Switching keyboard layout error...
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:59:01
1 Alle 16:21, martedì 29 agosto 2006, Andrew Gaffney ha scritto:
2 > Luca Casagrande wrote:
3 > > Hi to all!
4 > > In my livecd, i am using gnome-light package; In the control center, i
5 > > tried to switch the keyboard layout cause the one used during the boot,
6 > > doesn't work with symbol like @,#, ecc..
7 > > When doing so, i got this error:
8 > >
9 > > Error activating XKB configuration.
10 > > It can happen under various circumstances:
11 > > - a bug in libxklavier library
12 > > - a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
13 > > - X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation
14 > >
15 > > X server version data:
16 > > The X.Org Foundation
17 > > 70000000
18 > >
19 > > If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
20 > > - The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
21 > > - The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
22 > >
23 > > Anyone got an idea about how can i solve this?
24 >
25 > There's a certain point where just because it's a problem you encounter
26 > with a CD built with catalyst, it's not an issue for this list. This is
27 > probably past that point, but I'll help anyway.
28 >
29 > It's likely that you don't have a complete X on your CD. What do you have
30 > in your livecd/packages?
31
32 You are right andrew, sorry for this:
33 livecd/use:
34 alsa
35 livecd
36 socks5
37 dbus
38 firefox
39 gnome
40 gtk
41 -kde
42 -qt3
43 -qt4
44 video_cards_vesa
45 truetype
46 -eds
47 nautilus
48
49 livecd/packages:
50 app-admin/ide-smart
51 app-admin/logrotate
52 app-admin/passook
53 app-admin/pwgen
54 app-admin/sudo
55 app-admin/syslog-ng
56 app-arch/mt-st
57 app-arch/unrar
58 app-arch/unzip
59 app-editors/gedit
60 app-editors/nano
61 app-misc/livecd-tools
62 app-misc/screen
63 app-misc/vlock
64 app-text/evince
65 dev-util/ccache
66 net-fs/nfs-utils
67 net-misc/bridge-utils
68 net-misc/dhcpcd
69 net-misc/iputils
70 net-misc/rdate
71 net-misc/vconfig
72 net-misc/vpnc
73 net-misc/whois
74 net-wireless/airsnort
75 net-wireless/ipw2100-firmware
76 net-wireless/ipw2200-firmware
77 net-wireless/prism54-firmware
78 net-wireless/wireless-tools
79 net-wireless/wpa_supplicant
80 net-wireless/zd1201-firmware
81 sys-apps/coldplug
82 sys-apps/eject
83 sys-apps/ethtool
84 sys-apps/fxload
85 sys-apps/gradm
86 sys-apps/hdparm
87 sys-apps/hwsetup
88 sys-apps/iproute2
89 sys-apps/memtester
90 sys-apps/netplug
91 sys-apps/slocate
92 sys-apps/smartmontools
93 sys-fs/dosfstools
94 sys-fs/e2fsprogs
95 sys-fs/evms
96 sys-fs/jfsutils
97 sys-fs/lsscsi
98 sys-fs/lvm2
99 sys-fs/mdadm
100 sys-fs/ntfsprogs
101 sys-fs/raidtools
102 sys-fs/reiserfsprogs
103 sys-fs/xfsprogs
104 sys-kernel/genkernel
105 sys-libs/gpm
106 sys-power/acpid
107 x11-base/xorg-x11
108 x11-drivers/synaptics
109 gnome-base/gdm
110 gnome-base/gnome-light
111 gnome-base/gnome-vfs
112 gnome-base/gnome-volume-manager
113 gnome-base/gnome-applets
117 Thank you very much for the help!
118
119 Luca
120 --
121 "Chiunque può simpatizzare col dolore di un amico, ma solo chi ha un animo
122 nobile riesce a simpatizzare col successo di un amico (Oscar Wilde)"
123
124 LINUX User #411601
125 jabber: casagrande@××××××××××××.it
130 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list