From: Greg Fitzgerald <netzdamon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd stage1 kernel .config
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:55:48
1 I went and created stages 1-3 and I am now working on my livecd stage1.
2
3 My spec file is as follows:
4
5 subarch: amd64
6 version_stamp: installer-2007.0
7 target: livecd-stage1
8 rel_type: default
9 profile: default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop
10 snapshot: 20080104
11 source_subpath: default/stage3-amd64-20080104
12
13 livecd/use:
14 branding
15 livecd
16 socks5
17
18 livecd/packages:
19 --- lots of packages here ---
20
21 It compiles around 400 packages then dies on gnome-menus which requires a
22 .config file in my kernel sources directory. Wondering how to solve this
23 issue. I am new to making a livecd with catalyst, but my understanding is
24 you set the .config file for your kernel in your livecd stage2. I tried
25 to copy it to the livecd cache directory under /usr/src/linux and starting
26 again with -a but it appears to get deleted when I start again. Can anyone
27 let me know how I should proceed from here?
28
29 Thanks,
30 Greg
31 --