From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Dealing with circular dependencies
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:21:38
1 Charles Duffy wrote:
2 > I want to build a stage4 with both ldap and sasl use flags turned on.
3 >
4 > However, to build openldap with the sasl use flag requires that
5 > cyrus-sasl be installed first -- and to build cyrus-sasl with the ldap
6 > build flag depends on openldap being previously available. When manually
7 > building a server, we do a --oneshot on these packages with USE='-ldap
8 > -sasl' before the final build.
9 >
10 > How should I resolve this for use with catalyst?
11
12 This is one of those "fun" situations.
13
14 > I don't see a stage3 equivalent to stage4/packages (to add openldap and
15 > cyrus-sasl to the stage3 I build from) short of creating a custom
16 > profile.
17
18 That's because stage3 is used for release building, and everything is controlled
19 by the profile. There's no reason for someone to need to specify
20 packages...otherwise it's a stage4.
21
22 > Should I build my final stage4 off of a different stage4 which
23 > has these packages installed but the USE flags disabled, or is there
24 > another approach I'm missing?
25
26 I've never used the stage4 target before, but if it has the stage4/fsscript
27 option (looking at the code, it does) and the fsscript is run before the portage
28 tree is unmounted (in the code, the "fsscript" action is run before the "unbind"
29 action), you could re-emerge the packages with the proper USE in an fsscript.
32 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
33 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
34 --
35 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list