From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] rfc: merging catalyst git branches
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 20:02:16
1 On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 11:44:33PM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > this has been mentioned in a couple of threads, so I want to bring it up
5 > in a separate thread so that we can keep the discussions organized. :-)
6 >
7 > As you know, catalyst has two branches in its git repository, master,
8 > which was going to be catalyst 3.0, and a branch called catalyst_2 which
9 > is the branch being used by releng for official releases.
10 >
11 > We know from what Jorge said that the master branch is broken.
12 >
13 > Right now, we are commiting changes to both branches, but that is not a
14 > good idea over the long term. We need to figure out if we should keep
15 > master and try to release 3.0 from there at some point. If that is what
16 > we want to do, we need to go through the catalyst_2 branch and port
17 > relevant commits to master.
18 >
19 > If we are not interested in the 3.0 code, we should probably find a way
20 > to revert all of it from master with one commit then rebase the 2.0
21 > branch on master and move it back there.
22
23 If no one objects, I will look into doing this next week; the catalyst_2
24 code should move to master since there doesn't appear to be any work
25 going on for releasing catalyst 3.
26
27 Comments?
28