From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Migrating man page to asciidoc?
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 06:34:16
1 В Вск, 26/06/2011 в 00:10 -0400, Matt Turner пишет:
2 > On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote:
3 > >> I see two ways around this: We can either make asciidoc a build time
4 > >> dependency so that the user can use something like "make manpage" to
5 > >> generate the manpage
6 > >
7 > > That adds quite some load on indirect dependencies for more or less
8 > > nothing, as seen with Matt earlier.
9 >
10 > For the live ebuild, I don't see any problem with this. I think we
11 > just want to avoid having to install asciidoc for the released
12 > catalyst versions.
13
14 Also if there is releng team requirement to have catalyst-9999 ebuild
15 without asciidoc dependency it'll be not hard to add USE doc or build -
16 man page is hardly required on automated stage generation servers.
19 Peter.