From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] stage4 glibc ebuild stomps my locale.gen
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 02:37:53
1 Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Hello, am new on this list but have been using catalyst a few years
3 > to build x86 stage4 systems. Lovely tool.
4 >
5 > glibc ebuilds insist on generating all locales. I find this quite
6 > annoying because I do not want them and it takes a lot of time. I
7 > find no relevant bug on b.g.o and want to check with you that I'm not
8 > just doing something silly. I think someone else should also have
9 > noticed this too.
10
11 Yes, we've noticed. However, releng doesn't build stage4 tarballs, so we didn't
12 care.
13
14 > I tried to add /etc/locale.gen to stage3-x86-2008.0.tar.bz2 but no.
15
16 And how did you add a locale.gen to the stage3? You can't do it with catalyst,
17 since stage <=3 doesn't support an overlay, so I can only assume you unpacked
18 it, added the file, and repacked it, which we obviously don't support :)
21 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
22 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator