From: Max Arnold <lwarxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] small distros - setups and practices?
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 15:42:51
1 On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 08:03:47AM -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 10:20 +0800, Max Arnold wrote:
3 > > > > > Sure. In fact, I have 2 different "host types" right now, a "master"
4 > > > > > and a "build host" though they can reside on the same machine.
5 > > > >
6 > > > > Which roles they have?
7 > > >
8 > > > I'm not sure that I follow. Are you asking what specific tasks would be
9 > > > performed by the roles above?
10 > >
11 > > Yes, what specific tasks would be performed by these host types and
12 > > what are benefits of such distinction?
13 > >
14 > > I guess a "master" purpose is to serve updates, or things are more tricky?
15 >
16 > Yeah, you're thinking way too small. ;]
17 >
18 > The master server will be the control interface for custom profiles and
19 > binary repositories, which are built by the build servers. It will
20 > (eventually) also be the configuration engine for each server. I hope
21 > to eventually have a complete system capable of controlling a Gentoo
22 > system from birth to death, from a centralized location.
23
24 Seems like a powerful addition to Gentoo infrastructure. Good luck in your work!
25 --
26 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list