From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Catalyst 2.0 weirdness
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:27:42
1 On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 06:58 +0200, Bardur Arantsson wrote:
2 > I think the livecd_stage2_target.py should probably give the user a
3 > slightly more informative error message ;).
4
5 Feel free to file a bug with a patch. Remember that catalyst isn't
6 really targeted for end-users (how many times do you hear that about a
7 project) but instead Gentoo developers. We release it mostly for
8 transparency reasons and because of our social contract. That being
9 said, we do work bug reports, especially ones with patches.
10
11 > > The only thing resembling the file name above is the source_subpath
12 > > setting, but I'm not sure why that would get turned into a .tar.bz2 file
13 > > name by catalyst when catalyst itself clearly expects a directory name.
16 > The "change to the name of a .tar.bz2" bit still puzzles me and I'm not
17 > sure it's desirable behavior.
18
19 It is. It is all due to seedcache and how it works. It first searches
20 for a directory, then for a tarball. That's not saying that there isn't
21 a bug in there somewhere, but the design is to use a directory first
22 when options=seedcache and a tarball only otherwise for all targets
23 *except* livecd-stage2.
26 Chris Gianelloni
27 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
28 x86 Architecture Team