From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] no stage1 created
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:37:34
1 On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 17:36 +0200, Robert Šmol wrote:
2 > I still have some questions (like how to do my own stage3), but I'll
3 > dig through archives and play with catalyst for now.
4
5 You take a stage3 tarball as a seed, then build stages 1, 2, then 3, in
6 order. One thing to realize is the stages are not very customizable, so
7 if you're not compiling for a specific architecture/subarch, the only
8 way to really customize a stage is by modifying the profile which it
9 uses. If you want completely customizable stages, you want a stage4.
12 Chris Gianelloni
13 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
14 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
15 Games Developer/Foundation Trustee