From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] rfc: merging catalyst git branches
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 02:57:05
1 On 12/09/2011 02:55 AM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > I'd rather not lose the work for catalyst_3. I understand and agree we
3 > use the catalyst_2 branch for our releases, so I'd rather move master
4 > to a new branch, call it catalyst_3, experimental or something else,
5 > and then make catalyst_2 as master.
6
7 The code remains in Git, we don't really lose it.
8 To easy up accessing it in the future, all you need to do now is
9
10 A) add a tag or
11
12 B) start a branch
13
14 where the master branch is now, as you prefer.
15
16 Best,
20 Sebastian