From: Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Switching keyboard layout error...
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:10:15
1 Alle 16:21, martedì 29 agosto 2006, Andrew Gaffney ha scritto:
2 > Luca Casagrande wrote:
3 > > Hi to all!
4 > > In my livecd, i am using gnome-light package; In the control center, i
5 > > tried to switch the keyboard layout cause the one used during the boot,
6 > > doesn't work with symbol like @,#, ecc..
7 > > When doing so, i got this error:
8 > >
9 > > Error activating XKB configuration.
10 > > It can happen under various circumstances:
11 > > - a bug in libxklavier library
12 > > - a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
13 > > - X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation
14 > >
15 > > X server version data:
16 > > The X.Org Foundation
17 > > 70000000
18 > >
19 > > If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
20 > > - The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
21 > > - The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
22 > >
23 > > Anyone got an idea about how can i solve this?
24 >
25 > There's a certain point where just because it's a problem you encounter
26 > with a CD built with catalyst, it's not an issue for this list. This is
27 > probably past that point, but I'll help anyway.
28 >
29 > It's likely that you don't have a complete X on your CD. What do you have
30 > in your livecd/packages?
31
32 I found this on gentoo forum:
33 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-462175.html
34
35 But I should do this using chroot...is this the only solution?
36
37 Thanks
38 Luca
43 "Chiunque può simpatizzare col dolore di un amico, ma solo chi ha un animo
44 nobile riesce a simpatizzare col successo di un amico (Oscar Wilde)"
45
46 LINUX User #411601
47 jabber: casagrande@××××××××××××.it
52 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list