From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] using layman and/or overlays in catalyst? (I want to try out aufs livecd)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 02:20:21
1 On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 16:38 +0100, ducasse.isidore@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Is there a way to use an overlay while building a livecd with catalyst? I'd like to create one using sys-fs/aufs, whiches ebuild lies in the sunrise overlay.
3 >
4 > If I don't use snapcache, will the local overlays be usable with a simple "source /etc/portage/local/layman/make.conf" appended to /etc/catalyst/catalystrc ? Would it be safe?
5
6 Don't use layman.
7
8 Add this to your spec files (all of them):
9 portage_overlay: /usr/portage/local/layman/sunrise
10
11 Now, you need to understand that these packages will *not* make it into
12 any snapshot of any kind. The package *will* be on your CD, but that's
13 it. There won't be much trace of it other than the package itself, and
14 its VDB entry.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
19 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
20 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
21 Gentoo Foundation