From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd/installcd fan?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:45:02
1 On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 23:56 -0400, Jared Greenwald wrote:
2 > I didn't really think much of it, until I was looking at a page about
3 > setting up ACPI for laptops and noticed a fan ACPI sensor thingie (I'm
4 > sure its not called a sensor - thingie should suffice). I suspect
5 > that there is some amount of ACPI running on since the screen will
6 > turn off at some point while the compiles are going on.
7 >
8 > So, is this just an oversight of not turning on the fan or what?
9
10 What kind of laptop?
11
12 Also, we don't force on ACPI like others do. You probably need to run
13 "gentoo acpi=on" on your system, and even then, will likely have to
14 modprobe modules for your ACPI devices.
15
16 Is this a Toshiba or Asus laptop?
17
18 Anyway, this is *definitely* not the place for this. This list is
19 specifically for catalyst development.
22 Chris Gianelloni
24 Games - Developer
25 Gentoo Linux