From: Nelson Batalha <nelson_batalha@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Some easy sugestions to implement, I hope
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:32:15
1 Hi,
2
3 > > Even if they are not supposed to be interactive, is there a good
4 > > reason for not allowing that? I think large emerges often results in
5 > > errors, no matter what stage3 seed is used. Besides, many emerges
6 > > are so much easier with interaction right? Take
7 > > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-539520.html
8 >
9 >In order for a release of any system to be "high quality", it's build
10 >process must first be "repeatable".
11
12 Ok, we're confusing things here. I never suggested the builds should be done
13 like that. All I said is that it would probably help a lot *other* people.
14 Like Chris Gianelloni said, it wasn't for them so they won't worry with it.
15
16 >If you've had to "help"
17 >catalyst with more than just configuration directives, then you likely
18 >don't have a "pure" result.
19
20 Who cares? I would like the option so that when I *don't* have the time, I
21 could get something done quickly. That's like saying gentoo shouldn't allow
22 any hacks/workrounds because it wouldn't lead to pure results. You would be
23 saying goodbye to thousands of users :P
24
25 Cheers
26
28 Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!
29 http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/
32 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list