From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] rfc: merging catalyst git branches
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 21:02:13
1 On 12/08/2011 08:46 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 >> [..]
3 >>
4 >> If we are not interested in the 3.0 code, we should probably find a way
5 >> to revert all of it from master with one commit then rebase the 2.0
6 >> branch on master and move it back there.
7 >
8 > If no one objects, I will look into doing this next week; the catalyst_2
9 > code should move to master since there doesn't appear to be any work
10 > going on for releasing catalyst 3.
11 >
12 > Comments?
13
14 Sounds like you are going for complete replacement. Good move.
17 The cleanest way to do this this in Git may be:
18
19 # git checkout master
20 # git merge -s theirs catalyst_2
21