From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Change USE-flags for stage builds
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:19:11
1 On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 02:46 +0300, Philipp Riegger wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I build stage1, 2 and 3 images using catalyst. But now i want to make
5 > them more minimal, removing USE-flags. Is this somehow supported in
6 > catalyst or do i have to create my own profile then? Or s it the stage4
7 > target i want to have a look at? Does the use option there work exactly
8 > as in make.conf, that my profile USE-flags are set and i have to disable
9 > them using -foo?
10
11 You cannot change USE from what is set in the profile on stages 1 -> 3
12 with catalyst. This is done on purpose.
13
14 You have 2 choices that we would consider "right" as far as catalyst is
15 concerned. Either make a new profile and use that, or use the stage4
16 target. Making a new profile is likely the faster and better solution.
17 Yes, catalyst uses a make.conf-like syntax and it stacks with what is in
18 the profile. If you do "-kde" then it is read like: USE="${USE} -kde"
19 when presented to portage.
22 Chris Gianelloni
23 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
24 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
25 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
26 Gentoo Foundation