From: Robert Paskowitz <rpaskowitz@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd creation
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:34:07
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm currently working on a Hardened LiveCD based off of Brandon Hale's
4 Hardened stages. I've managed to get the CD built, but have a few issues
5 booting. Hopefully some others on the list may haveseen them and know the
6 fixes. The kernel I am currently using is 2.6.10-hardened-r3, but with
7 none of the grsecurity or PaX options enabled.
8
9 Picking two of the important problems that have cropped up so far...
10
11 1) After the kernel unpacks and initializes hardware I get an error
12 regarding /etc/mtab not existing. following that, something segfaults, and
13 is not fatal to the boot process. The next message complains about being
14 unable to unmount the initrd.
15
16 2) After a few problems with the init scripts, it seems like the getty's
17 try to launch but fail. After leaving the machine idle for a little
18 whileand returning, the ever familiar "c1 respaning too fast: disabled for
19 5 minutes" message appears for c1-c6.
20
21 Any help is greatly appreciated.
22
23 Robert