From: Andreas Rueckert <a_rueckert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Stage2 Problems with newer portage snapshots
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 13:03:48
1 Hi!
2
3 On Wednesday 06 July 2005 15:50, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
4
5 --<snip>--
6
7 > > Has anyone a strategy to find the problem?
8 >
9 > Not necessarily, but I do have some hints.
10 >
11 > #1. don't use bootsplash with a kernel > 2.6.7, as it is now gensplash.
12
13 Changed...
14
15 > #2. drop devfsd in favor of udev
16
17 changed, although udev doesn't compile at the moment. But that's another
18 problem, that we should be able to fix somehow. Maybe it's just a problem
19 with the kernel configuration (although hotplug is enabled).
20
21 > #3. try using the masked versions of catalyst, we've fixed a *ton* of
22 > problems, plus it helps us resolve issues with the new version before it
23 > goes stable
24
25 Ok, we are using the latest catalyst now and it already helped. It gave us an
26 error message that indicated, that postconf was the problem. The older
27 version gave us no good error message, so we had not much clue where to look.
28
29 Thanks a _lot_ for your helped. It got us much further.
30
31 Thanks again,
32 Andreas
33 --