From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] CVS location for spec files
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:15:15
1 On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 16:45 -0400, John Eckhart wrote:
2 > As of yet the only two problems I've encountered that weren't user
3 > error (there were plenty of those) were due to files that I believe
4 > are newer than the snapshot version (that's why I wanted to check the
5 > snapshot). I appreciate all the help, I'm growing to really appreciate
6 > catalyst.
7
8 Release snapshots are complete and total hacks. Our current (second)
9 release snapshot was taken on March 5th. Since then, we've injected
10 upwards of 50 different ebuilds into it to resolve various bugs. We
11 cannot publish the release snapshot until the release, as we often have
12 security fixes in the snapshot that are not public (yet) and we could
13 potentially get into some trouble for this if they were to be
14 publicized. Unfortunately, until the release, your best course of
15 action is to ask.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
20 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
21 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
22 Gentoo Foundation