From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] unmount on the end
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:50:18
1 On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 14:39 +0100, Stefan de Konink wrote:
2 > Not running gnome... altough depending on it ;)
3 >
4 > 2.6.1 was running but I see now 2.8.1-r1 is available. This brings on a
5 > Gentoo general question: Why do some packages update 'normally' via emerge
6 > world and others never appear there aspell, enchant, gconf...?
7
8 I think by default, emerge only looks one dependency deep for updates.
9 If something is the dependency of a dependency of a dependency of a
10 package, it would be overlooked. Always use the --deep option to your
11 emerge --update world and you won't miss things.
12
13 The reason why I asked about gconf is because this problem is supposed
14 to be fixed in newer gconf releases. It seems that Gconfd-2 was keeping
15 files open and causing the umount scripts to fail.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering - Operational/QA Manager
20 Games - Developer
21 Gentoo Linux