From: Christophe PEREZ <christophe.perez@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Re: minimal install on usb key
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 02:09:12
1 Le Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:13:09 -0700, Zac Medico a écrit :
2
3 > The rootdelay parameter should work (use a 5 or 10 second delay)
4
5 I use it, it works.
6
7 > with
8 > root=/dev/sda1 (no initrd) and statically linked usb drivers.
9
10 It woudl'nt be the same system as the iso at all.
11 I wanted exactly the same, but on a usb key.
12
13 > If the
14 > usb drivers are modular then you need to have a delay inside linuxrc
15 > between the modules loading and udevstart (again, sleep 5 or 10 should
16 > do it). A parameter like "scandelay" is useful for tuning this.
17 >
18 > Note that if you get the 'Please specify a device to boot, or "shell"
19 > for a shell...' message then you can choose shell, run udevstart, exit,
20
21 I didn't need anything, just launch /dev/ram0. udevstart doesn't create
22 any /dev/sd* for me.
23
24 > and try to specify your root device again. There is a loop there inside
25 > linuxrc that helps for troubleshooting.
26
27 I saw that.
28
29 > You should see your block
30 > device inside /sys/block if it has been detected properly.
31
32 now, it is, because of my "mknod".
33
34 All is fine now, but I wanted to show that it is not so simple as said...
35
36 I put the img there :
37 http://www.madinux.org/download/install-x86-minimal-2005.0_usb_64m.img.bz2
38
39 It's for a 64Mb key.
40
41 I'll try now to understand how I can use catalyst to personnalize it.
42
43 Something great would be to have exactly the template for the original iso.
44 I tried to do one, but my iso is 116Mb, not 50. I don't understand why.
47 Christophe PEREZ
48 --
49 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list