From: Jacques Landru <landru@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Use catalyst to create on ram rootfs for router
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:09:55
1 Hi,
2
3 Recently, searching for embedded catalyst spec file, I found GNAP
4 (Gentoo Network APpliance).
5 Maybe this can help you.
6 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/gnap.xml
7
8 Jacques Landru
9
10 Marcelo Coelho wrote:
11 > Hi!
12 >
13 > I'm trying to use gentoo in a pc that i want to setup as a router and
14 > ADSL gateway. As it is rather old, and with 64mb ram, i was thinking
15 > about creating a minimal system, maybe with initng (if it is possible)
16 > that would load everything into ram and run from there.
17 >
18 > When i got it right, i would put the catalyst generated files into the
19 > boot partition and boot the pc from an hard disk drive.
20 >
21 > Can i use catalyst to do this?
24 > Thanks for the help
29 -----oOo-----