From: Stuart Buckland <stuart@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] squashfs-tools-3.0 and kernels <2.6.16
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 12:02:12
1 I'm not sure if this is already widely know or not. If it is feel free
2 to tell me to shut up :)
3
4 It appears that squashfs-tools-3.0 was marked stable some point over the
5 past couple of days. If the CD you are building is running a kernel <
6 2.6.16 don't upgrade squashfs-tools on your build host.
7
8 I just ran into this where by I upgraded to squashfs-tools-3.0 but my
9 livecd uses the hardened-sources which is currently stable at 2.6.14-r8.
10 While the CD builds perfectly happily it fails to boot being unable to
11 mount squashfs.
12
13 Downgrading the build host back to squashfs-tools-2.2_p2 solved the
14 issue and all is well again.
15
16 Just mentioning it in case I'm not only one who didn't know about this
17 in the hope it saves others time in troubleshooting.
18
19 Stuart
23 Stuart Buckland <stuart@××××××××××××.uk>
26 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list