From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] setarch blocked by util-linux
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 21:38:21
1 On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 14:26 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > > > is there a catalyst/stages FAQ ? if not, there should be ...
3 > >
4 > > Are you volunteering? :)
5 >
6 > give me a list of questions/answers and i can do the XML. i dont watch this
7 > list/irc channel though so i dont know what the FAQs
8
9 http://releng.gentoo.org/catalyst/faq.xml
10
11 Also, this has been around for *years* as it was written by my
12 predecessor.
13
14 There's no much you can do if people don't read the documentation that's
15 already out there. I have considered making catalyst do some checking
16 to ensure that the seed stage3 used by stage4/livecd-stage1 is built
17 with the same snapshot (version, anyway) as you're about to use for the
18 build, and bail out if it doesn't. This should resolve this "problem"
19 with catalyst and will keep people from doing stupid things.
22 Chris Gianelloni
23 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
24 Games Developer