From: "Kessler
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-catalyst] Make liveCD how to
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:11:16
1 Ok here is some things to try, go download stage3-x86-2005.1-r1 from one
2 of the mirrors. There have been several fixes included. Here is an
3 example of the stage 1 spec file format you might want to use based on
4 what you provided:
8 subarch: x86
9
10 version_stamp: 2005.1-r1
11
12 target: livecd-stage1
13
14 rel_type: default
15
16 profile: default-linux/x86/2005.1
17
18 snapshot: 2005.1
19
20 source_subpath: stage3-x86-2005.1-r1
21
22 portage_confdir: /etc/portage
23
24 livecd/use: livecd ncurses readline -X -gnome -gtk
25
26 livecd/packages: baselayout livecd-tools gentoo-sources dhcpcd
27 app-admin/sudo pwgen hotplug coldplug syslog-ng vim ethtool vim openssh
28 gpm
32 Remember if you aren't using an option in a spec file be sure to comment
33 it out. Also make sure that you emerged catalyst with the docs, the
34 examples contained in /usr/share/doc/catalyst-<version>/examples are not
35 only very well documented but are the most current information
36 available.
40 ________________________________
41
42 From: js [mailto:forums@××××.be]
43 Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:51 PM
44 To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
45 Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Make liveCD how to
49 Well I've done this:
50
51 livecd-tools is in the list and included in the build,.....
54 Here's my specfile:
55
56 # livecd-stage1 example specfile
57 # used to build a livecd-stage1
58
59 # The subarch can be any of the supported catalyst subarches (like
60 athlon-xp).
61 # Refer to the catalyst reference manual for suppurted subarches.
62 # http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/catalyst/reference.xml
63 # example:
64 subarch: x86
65
66 # The version stamp is an identifier for the build. It can be anything
67 you wish# it to be, but it is usually a date.
68 # example:
69 version_stamp: 2005.1-r1
70
71 # The target specifies what target we want catalyst to do. For building
72 a CD,
73 # we start with livecd-stage1 as our target.
74 # example:
75 target: livecd-stage1
76 # The rel_type defines what kind of build we are doing. This is merely
77 another
78 # identifier, but it useful for allowing multiple concurrent builds.
79 Usually,
80 # default will suffice.
81 # example:
82 rel_type: default
83
84 # This is the system profile to be used by catalyst to build this
85 target. It is# specified as a relative path from /usr/portage/profiles.
86 # example:
87 # profile: default-linux/x86/2005.0
88 profile: default-linux/x86/2005.1
89
90 # This specifies which snapshot to use for building this target.
91 # example:
92 # snapshot:
93 snapshot: 2005.1
94
95 # This specifies where the seed stage comes from for this target, The
96 path is
97 # relative to $clst_sharedir/builds. The rel_type is also used as a
98 path prefix# for the seed.
99 # example:
100 # default/stage3-x86-2004.3
101 source_subpath:default/stage3-x86-2005.1-r1
102
103 # These are the hosts used as distcc slaves when distcc is enabled in
104 your
105 # catalyst.conf. It follows the same syntax as distcc-config
106 --set-hosts and
107 # is entirely optional.
108 # example:
109 # distcc_hosts: 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.1
110
111 # This is an optional directory containing portage configuration files.
112 It
113 # follows the same syntax as /etc/portage and should be consistent
114 across all
115 # targets to minimize problems.
116 # example:
117 portage_confdir: /etc/portage