From: Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Problems with opengl and catalyst
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:21:49
1 On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:29:15 -0500
2 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 12:36 +0100, Frittella Laurento wrote:
5 > > and if I start revdep-rebuild (I have added it to the fsscript) it finds
6 > > some broken ebuilds:
7 > >
8 > > [ebuild R ] media-libs/freeglut-2.4.0
9 > > [ebuild R ] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-1.0.9746
10 >
11 > This could be a *major* problem if you try to distribute this CD. Doing
12 > so is illegal as it is a violation of the GPL. Even distributing this
13 > DC to your family is really against the law, if going by the absolute
14 > letter of the law, since you cannot prove the source for all of the
15 > components of the nVidia driver (and it is released under an
16 > incompatible license with the GPL, to boot)...
17
18 I encountered the same question while building my livecd, and solved using the MESA for 3d.
19 If you don't need to run heavy 3d application, the software opengl is working pretty fine;
20
21 Luca
22 --
23 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list