From: Isidore Ducasse <ducasse.isidore@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst freezes at manual modprobe after emerging kernel-dependent ebuild
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 00:42:26
1 I finally succeeded into building stage1. Now I built 3 stage2 isos, and I
2 want to add some kernel-dependent packages, such as nvidia-drivers or
3 unionfs.
4 genkernel launches the emerge command all right; everything goes fine until an
5 ebuild (here, nvidia-drivers; last time, speedtouch-usb) tries and update
6 module dependencies. depmod fails; the ebuild attempts to "do it manually"
7 (no idea of how). The computer then freezes more or less quickly, and my ext3
8 fs gets corrupted. I managed to find back genkernel's trace...
9
10 ---genkernel log---
11
12 * Found kernel source directory:
13 * /usr/src/linux
14 * Found sources for kernel version:
15 * 2.6.18-gentoo-r6
16 * Updating module dependencies for 2.6.18-gentoo-r6 ... [ ok ]
17 * Updating modules.conf ...
18 * Updating /etc/modules.conf ... [ ok ]
19 * Updating /etc/modprobe.conf ...
20 * Warning: could not generate /etc/modprobe.conf! [ !! ]
21 * Updating /etc/modprobe.conf by hand ...
22
23 ---end genkernel log---
24
25 I couldn't find anything matching moprobe or depmod or modules-update or
26 whatever in the list or in bugs.gentoo.org so I'm posting here before filing
27 a bug to see if I could have missed something.
28
29 Needless to mention I don't run the same kernel on my machine as the one that
30 goes on the cd ( I use 2.6.18-suspend2-r1 ).
31 --
32 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list