From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Problems to compile klibc(udev) with genkernel 3.2.1
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:19:52
1 On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 11:25 +0200, Andreas Rueckert wrote:
2 > The problem is just, that the release cycles of genkernel and catalyst have
3 > become so short, that my build processes takes longer. So when my catalyst
4 > calls are completed and I get an error message in livecd-stage2, there's
5 > already a new release to try... :-)
6
7 Yeah. When we near a release, both catalyst and genkernel start dumping
8 out new versions as we tweak things and fix bugs. Things will slow down
9 in another month or so with catalyst, at least. I honestly don't expect
10 any more than one more release of catalyst 1.x any time soon.
11
12 After the release, we will be shifting our focus on catalyst 2.0 and
13 things will get shaken up a little bit, as catalyst 2 is "mostly
14 compatible" with catalyst 1.x spec files. Don't worry, we'll update the
15 templates that ship with the package, so you guys won't be on your own.
16 We also plan on updating the online documentation to be accurate for
17 both catalyst 1.x and catalyst 2.x.
18
19 > Maybe I should invest in something like a 4-way Opteron, so I could keep up
20 > with your pace... :-)
21
22 Hey now, I'm only using a dual Opteron. :P
23
24 The main reason for the rapid changes is we have a fairly large number
25 of people (all of Release Engineering) doing builds at the moment since
26 we're nearing a release. That's a lot of people squashing and finding
27 bugs.
30 Chris Gianelloni
32 Games - Developer
33 Gentoo Linux