From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] alsa in livecd stage1
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:25:18
1 On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 17:47 +0200, "Andreas Rückert" wrote:
2 > Is anyone currently using alsa in livecd-stage1? Doesn't work here,
3
4 Nope.
5
6 > because Alsa requires kernel configs. So I could move them to
7 > livecd-stage2, where a kernel config exists.
8
9 That's what we do here.
10
11 > Problem is, that I want to compile KDE with USE="alsa", so
12 > I'd have to move KDE plus all it's dependencies to stage2, which
13 > would be most of our livecd.
14
15 Is this really a problem? Does it really matter at what point KDE is
16 compiled?
17
18 > Another way is this hack:
19 > http://www.tzi.de/~lippold/openca/HOWTO-OpenCA-Gentoo-BootCD.html
20 > (see the Tips'n'Tricks section with the chroot.sh script)
21 > , but I guess a fixed alsa script would be the easiest solution.
22
23 No. The alsa-driver ebuild requires a configured kernel for a reason.
24 You could always use the in-kernel driver and skip alsa-driver, but it
25 doesn't sound like that's something you want to do.
26
27 > Anyone with better ideas?
28
29 The simplest one. Move KDE to livecd-stage2... ;]
32 Chris Gianelloni
33 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
34 x86 Architecture Team
35 Games - Developer