From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Passwords
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:43:18
1 On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 08:31 -0500, Kessler, Paul wrote:
2 > Is there a simple way to set the root password from within the
3 > fsscript that doesn’t require the use of expect? A friend of mine that
4 > builds clusters for IBM gave me the following, he uses it in his
5 > kickstarts but this doesn’t work for me.
9 > echo “password” | /usr/bin/passwd --stdin administrator
13 > passwd takes the --s from stdin to mean the shell flag, and well
14 > that’s sort of unfriendly if you know what I mean. Any suggestions?
15
16 Use sed...
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead