From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] blocked packages com_err ss e2fsprogs during stage3
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 01:29:54
1 Dio, James wrote:
2 > Thank you for your response, in an effort to make sure that everything
3 > is using the same snapshot, I have done everything over again and have
4 > the same issue, and included the spec files I used.
5 >
6 > I had wanted to purge everything catalyst has produced so far, however
7 > when I ran catalyst --purge, I get the following error:
8 > !!! catalyst: please specify one of either -f or -C
9 > When I specify both --purge and -f (some spec file) it attempts to build
10 > the stage instead of purge. Should I open a bug for this?
11
12 No, that's how it's supposed to work. The purge isn't an operation all by
13 itself. It's just an additional step that's performed before a build.
14
15 > Here's what I did:
16 > emerge --sync
17 > catalyst -s rwmc.001
18 > catalyst -f rwmc-stage1.spec
19 > catalyst -f rwmc-stage2.spec
20 > catalyst -f rwmc-stage3.spec
21 >
22 > rwmc-stage1.spec contains:
23 > subarch: x86
24 > target: stage1
25 > version_stamp: rwmc.001
26 > rel_type: default
27 > profile: default/linux/x86/2008.0
28 > snapshot: rwmc.001
29 > source_subpath: default/stage3-i686-2008.0
30 > chost: i686-pc-linux-gnu
31 >
32 > rwmc-stage2.spec contains:
33 > subarch: i686
34 > target: stage2
35 > version_stamp: rwmc.001
36 > rel_type: default
37 > profile: default/linux/x86/2008.0
38 > snapshot: rwmc.001
39 > source_subpath: default/stage1-x86-rwmc.001
40 > chost: i686-pc-linux-gnu
41 >
42 > rwmc-stage3.spec contains:
43 > subarch: i686
44 > target: stage3
45 > version_stamp: rwmc.001
46 > rel_type: default
47 > profile: default/linux/x86/2008.0
48 > snapshot: rwmc.001
49 > source_subpath: default/stage2-i686-rwmc.001
50
51 At first glance, everything here looks fine. I'm not sure what to tell you.
54 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
55 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead