From: Paul Smith <psmith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] How is initrd built?
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 02:20:14
1 OK, I'm sending a lot of mail.
2
3 But, I'm realizing that the version of busybox that's included in the
4 initramfs is really quite old, and that's (I think) why I'm seeing
5 various problems.
6
7 In my previous email I recommended using "sed -i", and I had already
8 looked that up in the busybox documentation and it is supported. But,
9 the version of busybox that appears in my initramfs, 1.00-pre7,
10 apparently doesn't support that flag (I get errors when I use it in
11 linuxrc).
14 Now I'm wondering if this is the reason why my "mount -o move" didn't
15 work, either: maybe the version of busybox is old enough that this
16 option is not recognized.
19 Where does that busybox version come from? It doesn't seem to be
20 built on my system; does it come in one of those prebuilt tarballs for
21 genkernel? Is there any straightforward way to get it updated?
22
23 Or, am I totally out in left field again?
27 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
28 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
30 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
31 --
32 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list