From: Guy Martin <gmsoft@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Wishlist for 2005
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 17:20:05
1 On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 17:11:12 +0000
2 Adam Greenhalgh <adam@×××××××××.net> wrote:
5 > > Actually, someone is already working on grub support.
6 > >
7 > > To go along with it, I think I am going to break up the cdtar stuff
8 > > and start having catalyst build them (and cache them) instead. This
9 > > allows us to create either isolinux or grub-based LiveCD images, and
10 > > also allows for things like pxelinux-based images.
11 >
12 > I agree completely, a pxelinux-based image would be great. I'd like to
13 > see it include full support for having the root fs as read-only.
14
15 I'm still working on it. I should have a final diff at the end of the
16 week. I'm improving kernel cache support atm.
19 Guy Martin
20 Gentoo Linux - HPPA port Lead / IPv6 team
21 Lug Charleroi (Belgium)