From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Live Distro for GFOSS meeting
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:49:48
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Of course, you could use gdm with KDE,
3 > but that would be kinda scary. ;]
4 >
5 Actually, I use "gdm" as my login manager of choice for all desktops,
6 including KDE, and XFCE4. In fact, I have systems with only gdm and
7 xfce4 loaded -- the non-required chunks of gnome and KDE aren't even
8 installed. First of all, I love the cool "emergence" theme. Second,
9 "kdm" won't let me log in as "root" and "entrance" won't even let me
10 pick a session type if I have more than one desktop/window manager
11 installed. And third, "xdm" is just plain ugly!!!!!!
14 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
15
16 http://linuxcapacityplanning.com
19 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list